Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My intention for this blog was not to get all lefty. But hey, i grew up in Labour Lower Hutt, am still paying off my student loan, and have a BA. But i'm going to do my best to look at arguments from all angles, and i'll do my best to be diplomatic.


But as Mr Ellis down there pointed out, Nikki Kaye did an amazing job of winning Auckland central. Extra points for bringing fresh new ideas to the House. Yep, i just spouted one of those tired lines but it’s true - something needs to be done about engaging not only the youth vote but bringing new perspectives to the table so that different, hopefully effective ideas come to fruition. And it was about time Ms Tizard exited the building.


To be honest i’m surprised that JK doesn’t have a staff member responsible for his outfit selection. If I was Chief of Staff i’d delegate responsibility to the best dressed person in the office to weed out the bad ties in the Prime Ministerial wardrobe. 


I don’t claim to be anything other than an ordinary person, so like any ordinary person, when Kate Wilkinson gets up to speak, I think to myself ‘Oh, nice suit. Good choice. But the hair! Fluff! Get it under control! Product, product, product!’ and then am too busy mentally defrizzing her mane I can’t hear a word she says. Shallow, I know. I’ll also admit that the average person doesn’t watch question time, but they do see snippets on the news - and imagine the reaction would be similar. 


Isn’t it one of those researched things that us humans are really terrible because we instantly judge others on looks alone? How about I put myself out there, stick my hand up, and plead guilty? That doesn’t mean I won’t be friends with absolutely anyone I find entertaining and interesting.


To eat my own words, most anything that Key and his Cabinet do now to attempt to stem the crisis flow will look as if it has Obama all over it. Which is where the young’uns need a look in. Too bad they’re stuck on the back benches doing their time to earn a front seat. 


I'm going to apologise for not talking about the NZ big economic awesomeness plan that is announced today. My brain can't cope with reading the paper this morning. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment